Friday, December 13, 2013
The card I have for you today is also a gift card holder.
I used the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary and turned it into a Gift Card Holder.
I needed a masculine gift card holder so thought I would use this sketch to achieve my goal.
This is a very simple and quick gift card holder to make. Here are the instructions:
1. Cut your card stock 4 1/4″ X 11″ and score at 4 1/4″ and at 8 1/2″.
2. On the 2 1/2″ end punch out a 1/2 of a 1 3/8″ Circle.
3. Add sticky strip to the sides of this 2 1/2″ end and stick down to create your gift card pocket.
4. Attach a strip of DSP cut 1″ X 4 1/4″ to decorate the pocket.
5. On the top 1/2 inside attach a piece of Whisper White card stock 4″ X 4″ to write on.
6. Cut a piece of DSP 3 3/4″ X 4 1/4″ and run a piece of Gumball Green ribbon across the front and attaching the ends down on the backside. Attach this piece to the front of your gift card holder; centering it.
7. Run a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock thru the Big Shot on the Delicate Doilies Sizzlits #126999 $21.95. Attach the Biggest doily to the front of your gift card holder as shown.
8. Cut out a Early Espresso Circle using the Big Shot and the Circles Framelits and attach to the center of the doily using dimensionals.
9. Stamp the deer from Best of Christmas #134384 $14.95 stamp set onto Whisper White card stock using Crumb Cake ink and cut out your deer using the Circles Framelits #130911 $26.95 and the Big Shot.
10. Attach your deer to the Early Espresso circle.
11. Stamp the Merry Christmas from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set onto Whisper White card stock (1/2″ X 2 1/2″) using Crumb Cake ink. Take a hexagon punch and flag one end.
12. Attach to a piece of Early Espresso card stock (5/8″ X 2 5/8″) and attach to the gift card holder as shown.
If you would like to see a video on this kind of gift card holder let me know and I’ll make one.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!
7 thoughts on “Best of Christmas Gift Card Holder”
I would love to see a video on this gift card holder – how cute is this! Thank you in advance.
I would definitely LOVE to see a video on this gift card holder!!! The instructions look easy, but it does help to have a visual instructions! 😉
What a great gift card holder for ANYONE… male or female!! I love the bold chevron background and the bold red doily behind the deer! Thanks for great instructions too! Thanks for joining us this week for the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!
What a clever gift card holder! I love the idea of using the sketch to help create one! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!
Oh how very cool this is! I love that little reindeer…soooo CUTE! and what a great surprise inside! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!
What a wonderful idea! I love that your card is a for a gift card too! The deer is a great focal point on the doily die cut. So glad you joined us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!
This is a really cute way to complete a gift card holder. Love the doily layer! Thanks for playing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!