Tuesday, April 19, 2011
We got the test results back from Zeeland Hospital this morning and my mom has MRSA. She is under quarantine and still in ICU. They feel the infection came from her port where they do the dialysis which they removed last night. They are hoping to hold off on dialysis until Thursday giving the antibiotics more time to work their magic in her blood stream. They also said if they tried to put in another port now it may become infected if the antibiotics haven’t kicked in enough yet. They have finally been able to stabilize her sugar and blood pressure as well. My dad is still shaky and dizzy in the mornings and so far no word on the echocardiogram he had last week.
Wow, I can’t believe the outpouring of thoughts and prayers we’ve been getting. They are so appreciated!
4 thoughts on “Update”
Wishing you the best – my Dad is doing peritoneal dialysis and a port infection is his worst nightmare. Prayers for you and your family.
Glenda, I can relate to what you Mom is going through. I’m just getting over a serious Bacteria in my blood, that I had to be hospitalized and much antibiotics. Even when they let me home after a week, I still have heavy doses of antibiotics. My daughter came from CA to CT to help me, I was so sick. My husband is not well either. I’m now taking pro-biotics, and much vitamins. to make sure I put back all good stuff in my body, the anitbiotics kills everything.3
I had many praying for me, and I’ll do the same for your Mom.
God bless you too.
Sending my best thoughts and wishes for your parents (& you).
Continuing to keep you in our prayers