Friday, January 29, 2010
Today my husband, 2 younger sons and myself are on our way to Florida.? My husband is teaching a class at Patrick Air Force Base for the next 2 weeks.? The boys and I will be flying home after a week, so we are hoping we picked a good week to be in Florida.? I guess it has been pretty cold down there and not so nice, so I’m hoping it has changed for us. 🙂
We have the usual Florida events planned on the weekends.? We are hitting Universal Studios Islands of Adventure this weekend and next weekend we are planning on visiting the Kennedy Space Center.? There is a rocket scheduled to launch on Sunday, February 7th the day we leave to come home.? The boys are really excited about watching that go off.
During the week the boys and I will most likely hang out by the pool all day because we won’t have a means of transportation.? So as long as the weather is decent we should be soaking up the sun, if not we will really know what the inside of our hotel room looks like by the end of the week. 🙂
I have taken along a Simply Scrappin kit to keep me entertained. :)? It is the new Moments and Milestones kit.? My niece just had a baby boy and I’m going to make up a scrapbook for her.? I’m sure she will enjoy filling it with pictures and journaling about his daily achievements. 🙂
- You will need to cut 3 Scallop Squares.? I cut 2 out of the Sending Love Specialty paper and 1 out of Chocolate Chip card stock.? You can’t see the Chocolate chip one as it is on the back of the base square.?
- Cut the Chocolate chip scallop sqaure and 1 of the DSP scallop squares straight across the top cutting off the top scallop.
- Attach Sticky strip to the Chocolate Chip Scallop Square on?each side and across the bottom; NOT ACROSS THE TOP (the top is straight now not scalloped).
- Attach the DSP Scallop Square over the top creating a pocket.
- Take the 2nd scallop square DSP piece and fold it directly in half.? Run a piece of Sticky strip across the fold and down the sides 1 scallop.? Slip this over your pocket and punch a hole thru all the?4 layers in the left hand corner as shown.? Secure all the layers with Brad.
- Make a little note card for the inside of the pocket and you have your gift card holder. 🙂